Goal for today was to lap lugs and cams. Turns out Bubba did a fine job, 100% of my layout fluid was rubbed off the lugs without any lapping! All I had to do was clean the dried grease out of the bolt and it moves buttery smooth. Bubba even lapped the extractor ring, and the extractor rotates freely with just gravity. It's the smoothest turning 1903 bolt I have ever felt. So, I spent the day instead swapping out the aftermarket buehler safety lever for a real one, which needed polished and blued to match the collar. So I did that. Then, I reamed the chamber. I'm always surprised at how little it takes to get the bolt to close once it starts. Once the bolt starts to turn, it only takes about 3-5 turns (6-10 half turns with a t-handle) to get it to close all the way.

Can't see the original "before" pics anymore, but it came with a straight cocking rod - no knob. I'm reading that these were put on national match rifles? Does anyone have one for comparison? Mine could just have had the knob cut off. I dunno. I had a spare a3 rod in my parts bin to replace it with.

So I think that's it! I should be ready to assemble everything and shoot! I have some cosmetic work to do still, like polish and blue the bolt, but I won't let that stop me from putting some rounds down range.