John Sukey - I recently found this forum while searching for info on Brens, to enable a semi-auto build on a kit I purchased. This kit came without a barrel, and the barrel I found has bad wood. The wood seems to be what I understand is referred to as "female" shape.

I have been a toolmaker and machine builder for several decades, and have experience with .50BMG rifles, as well as machining of .50BMG components for semi-auto conversions. I also have an extensive collection of special tools to facilitate work on my semi-auto pistols, such as delrin devices for securely holding slides without wounding them, for disassembly/assembly, driving pins in or out, etc. I would be happy to lend any tools I have (like a special jig for decompressing/recompressing the mainspring on a Remington Model 51, for cleaning/oiling/replacement) to anyone who thought they could make good use of them, or perhaps make one for someone who wanted to own their own. I work for free, because to me, workiing on guns isn't working at all - it's having fun.

If my email is not in my profile, let me know in this thread, and I will send it along, as well as my cell number for anyone who feels a personal conversation is a better way to explain what they need. Thanks for your time.

Jim