1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: my latest bubba

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    03-10-2024 @ 07:16 AM
    Local Date
    05-18-2024
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

my latest bubba

so i grabbed a Mak 90 on lay away a few weeks ago, actually picked it up the same day the paperwork for my Bushmaster went through , doing a double folder , poly USAicon piston , my last old school Tapco trigger group , Manicore USA chicom copy stock , ACE USA folding mech button lock , carolina outfitters rear trunnion adaptor , Poly Tech USA front sight base and bayo mount combo , Poly Tech USA bayo assembly , Poly Tech USA muzzle nut , Norinco side panals and grip ,and Poly Tech USA gas piston

glad i had the foresight to buy extra Tapco triggers when they were still available , Tapco took some hits over the years but they got their triggers right

the manicore stock is close , but they used button cap screws and i had to replace and counter sink so they wont interfere with the Norinco side panels , i have to fabricate 2 spacers to push the panels back and then new brackets behind the panels to make them work , i and also going to roll/ease the edges to get it closer to the chinese stock in appearance and refinish

had to modify the trunnion adapter as well , had to cut off rear tang , charging handle is fine , about a 1/4 inch above the stock when folded , ejections should be no issue , still need to figure out the combo for that Norinco brown for the handguards , need to disassemble it all and paint the stock black satin and reassemble blue locktight all parts now everything is final fitted

some befores and after to dates

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by micmacman; 07-16-2023 at 08:31 PM.

2. Thank You to micmacman For This Useful Post: