I've used acetone to degrease the wood on a Ishapore #4 mk1 as the draws were mush. Had some 1/2" oak I had bought for a project and cut the damaged wood from both sides of the trigger slot from top to where the trigger guard goes. Degreased again and used JB clear weld epoxy plus some 1/8 dowels I managed to find at our local wally world. Drilled 1/8" holes on either side of the stock from the outside till the drill broke the surface of the oak piece. And roughened them up and they got the JB weld treatment. Let sit for a couple days to make sure the epoxy sets up. Trimmed both dowels and used Min Wax cherry and ebony oil based stain mixed in a pill bottle. Now all I have to do is replace the wood where the draws are. They will get pieces of oak glued in place and possibly the 1/8" dowel treatment. Right now my garage gets over 110 degrees due to the heat wave here in Louisiana. After 5 minutes in there even with both doors opened I'm soaking wet. This has been a funny season. First we got the cold snap. 20 degrees then 13 degrees. Then one day its spring. Set records for both temp and amounts of rain. Still no local ranges open due to covid and now with the delta variant they look to be closed for a good long time. Stay safe everyone. Frank