Quote Originally Posted by BJung View Post
Hello, I found your thread by chance and would like to know what your latest range results for your T99 currently is.

I started shooting test loads in my T99 again and would like to share information with you.

My first tests used Speer 150gr SP .311 bullets and resized military brass. The initial brass was sooty but by just neck sizing the fireformed brass, the cases were less so. My accuracy at 50 yards was the same as yours, about 1-1/2" at 50 yards. I forgot which powder I used but I think it was the same powder.

I slugged my barrel and it came out to .3115". Hornady .312 bullets shoot better groups than the .311 Speer bullets. The heavier 174grain bullets were more accurate than the 150grain bullets. I tried the Barnes .311 TTX bullets and results were ok. Woodleigh has a .312 all copper bullet I might try if I can't find a Hornady GMX .312" bullet. I use Reloader 15 and 19.
1-1/2" at 50 yards is a good job, keep it up and thanks for sharing you report with us. Very helpful.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.